Solar lamps are a great and environmentally friendly way to light up your life. They’re an easy, clean solution for people who don’t want to use electricity or gas for lighting purposes. Solar lamps can be used in many different ways: outdoor security lights, garden lights, camping lights, emergency backup power sources, and more!
Here you will find reviews on some of the best solar lamp posts available today!
What are solar lamp posts?
Solar lamp posts are lamps that can be used outdoors to provide ambient lighting. They are mounted on poles along the road or around the perimeter of a property, for example. A small solar panel is built into each post which collects sunlight during the day to charge its energy source (battery), allowing the lamp to illuminate at night.
The advantages of solar lamp posts
Solar lamps provide an environmentally friendly, non-electric source of lighting. It helps reduce electricity bills and is more cost effective than paying for the installation of new wiring or gas lines in your property. Solar lamps also require little to no maintenance at all! Another great thing about them is that they are portable, so you can take them camping or put them around your house as you need them.
How to pick the best solar lamp posts – features to consider:
Before committing to buy any kind of solar lamp posts, there are a couple of things you should think about first. The location where you plan on installing the post is very important. Solar lamps are designed for outside use only, so they must face sunlight to be effective. They can’t be installed under overhanging roofs, for example. Make sure the posts are tall enough to provide optimal lighting as well; usually around 5 feet tall is best. Finally, make sure you purchase a lamp that has sufficient wattage and a good battery.
Below are more factors to consider;
- Batteries: Since these are solar lamps, you’ll want to make sure that the product you’re buying has rechargeable batteries. You will not have to change them as often if they are rechargeable, but sometimes it can be a pain!
- Lumens: The lumen is a unit of brightness for light sources. Generally speaking, the higher the number, the brighter the light, but it’s always best to check out actual customer reviews to get a better idea of what you’re dealing with.
- Time before fully charged: Although most solar lamps can charge in full sun, some lamps require longer than others so this is definitely something to keep an eye on if you live in a less sunny location!
- Charging time: A lot of people complain about how long it takes for their solar lamps to charge. If you pick one that charges in 6 hours or less, then this might not be an issue!
- Safety features: All lamp posts must come with some safety features like a dusk-to-dawn sensor which turns the light on at night and off during the day. However, some solar lamps come with brighter lights that are safer to the eyes (which means you can see better) but if they’re too bright then it can be dangerous for people walking at night! Be sure to check out any safety features before buying.
- Cost: Solar lamp posts can range in price from $10 or less to over $100, depending on the brand and features. Keep an eye out for sales and coupons!
Our Top Picks;
- Gama Sonic GS-105S-G Baytown Ez Anchor Lamp
- Gama Sonic GS-109S-B Everest Downlight Lamp Post
- Sterno Home GL42309 Upgraded Version Outdoor Solar LED Post Light
- Greluna 67″ Solar Lamp Post Lights
- EdenBranch Sun-Ray 312014 Vittoria 2-Head Solar LED Lamp Post
- Kemeco ST4311AHP LED Cast Aluminum Solar Lamp Post
- Sun-Ray 312001 Abigail Single-Head Solar LED Lamp Post
Reviews of the Best Solar Lamp Posts
Here are a few reviews of different solar lamp posts:
Gama Sonic GS-105S-G Baytown Ez Anchor Lamp
Our overall best solar lamp post in this 2022 list is the Gama Sonic GS-105S. The Gama Sonic Baytown Ez Anchor Lamp is a solar-powered light that can be installed on any surface without electrical wiring. It features an automatic dusk-to-dawn lighting system, and is perfect for DIY enthusiasts looking to upgrade their landscape lighting. The Gama Sonic Baytown Ez Anchor Lamp is the perfect solar lamp post to add to your front yard or backyard.
– Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 12 x 77 inches; Weight: 10 pounds
– Light Source: LED
– Solar panel type/efficiency: Monocrystalline silicone with 5V 0.4W output
– Battery type/capacity: Lithium Iron Phosphate battery / 3.6V 5400mAh
– Lighting time per full charge (without bright sun): 8 hours on medium brightness, 18 hours on low brightness
– Solar panel voltage/current: 5V / 2A max
– Conditions of use: Night only; requires direct sunshine
– Operating temperature range: 32 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit
– Certification(s)/listing(s): UL listed, FCC approved (USA)
My name is Alex Landry and I am an experienced solar PV engineer and an editor here at Tru Solar Score. I am an accomplished solar PV expert with over 12 years of installing off-grid solar systems in various states in the US. Between 2015 and 2019, I led a small team of energy audit analysts for a company based out of Oregon. I currently run this site full-time and when I am not testing a new solar PV product in the market, I am offering customized consulting on solar systems installations. You can reach me directly using firstname.lastname@example.org