I am reviewing the best solar flood lights on the market. These are my personal favorites, and if you are in the market for a new set of solar flood lights, this is the guide for you!
A few years ago, I realized that my front yard seemed a little dark. So, the next day I went out to purchase some solar flood lights at my local home improvement store. I had never purchased any before, so naturally, I was overwhelmed with the number of options available. Thankfully, there were helpful workers who helped me find some that would work for my needs. I chose a set that turned on when it got dark and off when the sun was up again.
What is a solar floodlight?
solar flood light is simply a light that you mount on the outside of your house or other buildings. They are powered by small sun batteries which store enough energy to power the lights during the night. The best part about them is they are very, very cheap compared to other types of lighting solutions.
How to choose the best solar floodlights
solar flood lights are very, very cheap. If you have an average size house, you can get a set of 4 for about $35 dollars. However, the catch is that they are fairly limited in what they can do. They will provide some light on your property at night, but not much. Before I buy any sort of lighting, I like to do research on what other users are saying about the product. Luckily for you, I’ve already done this for you!
- Installation: When looking at solar floodlights it is important to keep in mind the installation process. Many times they come with very limited instructions, and if you don’t have a lot of experience with that sort of thing then you could end up with a bad set of lights. The best solar flood lights are the ones that come with ample instructions. Another big consideration is weatherproofing. If your particular location experiences heavy rainfall, get the most waterproof solar flood light you can find!
- Size & Capacity: Next, you need to consider how much lighting you actually need. Some of these solar flood lights have a very small radius of light emission, which is fine if all you need is a little bit of light on your porch. But for larger properties, you may want to consider a more powerful set of lights.
- Light output: Solar-powered lighting has no real way to produce the same amount of light as wired lights. So, if you need to see things clearly then you might consider looking into solar spotlights or hanging string lights instead. If all you want is a small amount of light in order for people not to trip over stuff when coming home at night, then solar flood lights are fine for this.
- Battery life: The last thing you need to take into consideration is battery life. Again, solar lights just don’t hold a charge as long as normal lighting does. So, for this reason, I highly recommend purchasing a set with the longest possible battery life to ensure they will come on every night and turn off at dawn.
Best Solar Floodlights 2022
Now that I have told you everything you need to know about choosing the best solar floodlights, here is my list of top 5!
- AmeriTop Solar Floodlight
- CYBERDAX Solar Powered Street Flood Light.
- A-ZONE Solar Motion Sensor Light.
- Sunforce Triple Head Solar Motion Light.
- LEPOWER Solar Security Light.
- LITOM Outdoor Solar Light.
AmeriTop Solar Floodlight
Our overall best solar floodlight in this 2022 list is the AmeriTop brand. The state-of-the-art AmeriTop solar flood light features super-bright LEDs for excellent security. Highly efficient solar panels and LEDs allow for lighting at any time and place, as well as a 26-foot motion-sensing distance that ensures nothing gets close to your home without getting some serious exposure.
TBI Pro Super-Bright Outdoor Solar Lights
Second on our list is the TBI Pro.
The TBI Pro ultra-bright solar motion sensor flood light can illuminate up to 1,600 square feet, making it ideal for walls, posts, pathways, and gardens. Each light fixture releases a searing 2,500-lumen ocean of illumination that adds security and comfort to any outside space. This model features three lighting modes so you may tailor the level of brightness to your individual needs.
An extremely bright, energy-efficient solar flood light with a motion sensor that provides lighting for up to 1,600 square feet! This amazing product is ideal for illuminating paths and walkways, featuring 2 ultra-bright LED lights that are powered by an effective 8 watt mono crystalline solar panel.
My name is Alex Landry and I am an experienced solar PV engineer and an editor here at Tru Solar Score. I am an accomplished solar PV expert with over 12 years of installing off-grid solar systems in various states in the US. Between 2015 and 2019, I led a small team of energy audit analysts for a company based out of Oregon. I currently run this site full-time and when I am not testing a new solar PV product in the market, I am offering customized consulting on solar systems installations. You can reach me directly using email@example.com